Welcome to the KYGFOA Website!
The purpose of the Kentucky Government Finance Officers Educational Foundation is to:
- Promote the improvement of methods of governmental finance in Kentucky as developed and recommended by the
Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA),
and the Governmental Standards Board (GASB), which includes development of
mutually understandable procedures of accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Encouragement of the use of common terminology, classification, and principles in regard to these three subjects.
- Encouragement of a policy in governmental units of having independent and internally conducted audits.
- Discussions and Analysis of financial problems arising under the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Achievement of recruitment and training of qualified public employees.
- Achievement of greater success in efficiency and service of government.
- Development of closer relationships and understanding among those concerned with public finance; and other objectives of mutual interest.